Saturday 4 January 2014

Online Classes

Hi Folks,
  Today I received the following note from Cheryl Petreman from our guild about online classes:

After the death of Carol Miller last year, the US based Quilt
University has now closed, but many of the instructors have moved over
to the New Zealand based Academy of Quilting.

The class schedule is available at
http://academyofquilting.com/class-schedule-2/

If you are able to learn from a book (versus an actual demo) you will
enjoy these online classes, which generally cost US$10/week and have
the following components:
- a series of lessons (text, photos & assignments) posted weekly by
the instructor
- a forum where you can post questions &/or photos
- instructors generally provide daily feedback within the forum

I personally have learned a lot over the years from Linda Schmidt,
Susan Brittingham, Ruth Blanchard & Carol Miller.

        Cheryl Petreman

This is Kathy again.  
I will mention that I too have taken a class at Quilt University.  I found that it was very well organized, and well planned with good information given.  I also, love the pace of the class which  I could access what I needed, whenever I wanted.  This is a good source of learning, especially if you are house bound for some reason...which I was - post surgery!  It was a good way to pass the time.

See you on Wednesday at 7pm, unless you are an Executive member, in which case I will see you at 6pm for a meeting before our first meeting of 2014.
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment