Tuesday 30 September 2014

Label Suggestion!

    Over the summer a suggestion came in from Peggy Holt on how to line a label for the back of your quilt.  Interestingly I use the same method slightly modified, so I will walk you through it in 3 easy steps.

   
  1. First, sew a dryer sheet to the right side of your label and then cut a hole large enough to turn right side out.  I use fragrance free dryer sheets...




 2. Then turn right side out through the hole.  The hole may stretch, but this is just fine.


3.  Flatten and use your tools to make the corners right-angled.

  I most often sew my labels into the binding of my quilts, therefore I can do the above method sewing one side and the top, turn right side out and no need to finish the other two edges as they will be inside the binding!  Easier still.

  A new Blogger has been found and Helen MacKinnon, a brand new ECQG member will be taking over the writing of the blog.

 Thanks for reading.

  Kathy F.


No comments:

Post a Comment