Thursday 23 September 2010

I spy progress

Remember the swap that Gail Mitchell and I held in the spring? Well, we had 66 quilters sign up from the local Guilds, for the “120-block-each" swap, and we had 100% participation! How great was that? The fabric variety was incredible and it really was a fun project. Thanks to everyone of ECQG that participated!


I thought that I would show you how I am using my 5 inch squares. The Cottonmill Guild held an I Spy workshop in September and I attended, with Don Coles as the instructor. I cut each block into a hexagon and set it with 60 degree triangles ...so here is where I am so far. When I finish I will show the finished product.

-Kathy


Hexagons and hexagons with triangles




Sewing and placement has started...





Playing with placement on my dollarstore design wall(ie-the flannel back of a plastic tablecloth)





On my design wall...some rows are now sewn





contributed by Kathy Felmate

3 comments:

  1. Great contribution to the blog Kathy! I hope we have many others join in. I'll be watching for the finished quilt at show and tell....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it completed. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed putting my I spy together too. Even though mine is for a girl, I used black for the background and I like it. I have to do the borders yet, so I think I'll use a little pink.

    ReplyDelete