Monday 14 March 2011

Gadgets galore!

From Karen Guitard,

as you probably guessed from the meeting, I love gadgets and if anyone wants more information on any of them just let me know. Feel free to try any of mine out at one of the work days.

I order notions and books from connectingthreads.com and I have seen many of the following notions at our local quilt shops and I'm sure many of them would order whatever notions you'd like.

In Fredericton -
"Country Crafts & Curtains", "Sewing World", and "Fabricville"

In Woodstock:
"The Christmas Crab Quiltery"

In Moncton:
"The Fabric Cupboard"
"The Covered Bridge Quiltery"

In Saint John area:
"Town and Country Quilts"
"The River Gallery"





Please note that even though these pins are finer, you shouldn't sew over them.
Doris Kilburn gave me a wonderful tip at one of the work days - Sew up to the pins, then stop your machine and turn the hand wheel to pass over the pin area, then continue on sewing. Thanks, Doris!




Fork Pins" by Clover




"Needle Threader" by Clover



"cotton picker"




"True Grips" by "TrueCut






"Clearly Perfect Angles" by New Leaf
*If anyone wants help with fitting this to your machine, I will bring my template and will help you trim this properly at any of the work days. You will need an Exacto knife with a sharp blade.





I order my machine foot attachments from brubakerssewing.com
(They carry other brands of feet as well). Janome feet fit my machine since my Kenmore was originally made by Janome. This foot is totally open in the front and is wonderful for applique stitches, especially satin stitch. It is also useful for quilting. There is a little line on the foot which makes it so easy to line up your stitching.



This foot is made similar to a 1/4 inch foot but it has a divider in the middle of the foot instead, that lines up between the seams for more accurate "in the ditch" stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Karen is certainly the gadget queen! I had never met anyone with more gadgets than myself, until I met her! She keeps us up to date with that computer of hers.

    ReplyDelete